Environmental Advisor in support of offshore activities. Environmental advisor will assist the SSU (Safety and Sustainability) Leader/Project Manager in the delivery of environmental assessments, monitoring programs and compliance verification and reporting. This is an Intermediate technical role and not a leadership position. Ideal candidates would have approximately 5-7 years of relevant experience and seeking a hands-on technical role. Key areas of responsibility include:
• Environmental Monitoring – assist in development, implementation, reporting and follow up of environmental monitoring programs that may include water, sediment, and biota.
• Environmental Assessment Preparation – assist in the preparation of environmental assessment updates and support on going environmental assessments in the preparation and review of technical information
• Compliance Monitoring and Reporting – preparation and follow up of compliance plans for environmental commitments and regulatory conditions and requirements. Includes preparation of plans, procedures and documentation of compliance and regulatory reporting.
• Other general support as required including report preparation, presentation preparation, participation in stakeholder meetings, and compliance audits/assessments
• 5-7 years Experience
• Science or engineering diploma or university degree in environmental sciences, environmental engineering, biology, chemistry or other environment related field.
• Strong technical background in environmental monitoring, including planning, interpretation and reporting of data.
• Experience with environmental aspects of the marine environment and offshore oil and gas drilling and operations is a strong asset.
• Experience in compliance verification assessments and reporting.
• Experience in environmental emergency preparedness and oil spill response
St. John's, NL