NSB Omega is looking for an eager to learn individual who is in search for a new challenge. This position will give you the opportunity to gain valuable experience while living abroad. If you are looking for a change and want an interesting new experience, this may be the position for you.
• Development and stewardship of the budget process;
o Develop the budget process and support the determination of budget accountabilities with the Managing Director;
o Report on budget to actual performance on a monthly basis;
o Supporting the development and timely measurement of key performance indicators driven from the strategic plan;
o Be a process efficiency champion in an effort to continuously improve finance processes and drive simplicity;
• Development of a standardized financial reporting processs;
o Oversee and review the financial statements for all companies;
o Review and/or develop a monthly financial close process, suggest improvements where necessary and ensure compliance;
o Review and provide analytics to financial statements results;
• Have a capability of assessing business process and computer controls and implementing control improvements in areas of weakness/vulnerability;
• Review the treasury and cash flow management function of F&M and provide cash flow forecasts and reporting to support future cash flow needs;
o Develop a authority approval schedule and ensure segregation of duties is maintained across all areas of treasury, accounts payable and accounts receivable, including but not limited to, supplier and customer acceptance procedures, accounting system changes and administration, wire transfers approval, cheque approval and bank reconciliations;
o Access financing options for the business operation, develop relationships with banking representatives, and continuously improve the working capital of the operation;
• Support financing arrangements, including legal document review, liaising with legal representatives, etc.
• Develop real time dashboard reporting to key business stakeholders using the ERP system.
• Be the commercial contact with key commercial personnel at client offices to ensure thorough understanding of client commercial requirements and contractual compliance requirements;
• Plan, direct, coordinate and evaluate commercial activities;
• Identify commercial risks and ensure implementation of appropriate processes to manage;
• Conduct a comprehensive review of the commercial practices in relation to integration of acquisitions, joint venture arrangements, etc.
• Review inventory control procedures, identify areas of improvement and implement any required changes;
• Develop a standardized inventory measurement process for measuring, valuation, existence and accuracy;
o Develop inventory count processes and ensure they are conducted appropriately;
o Develop inventory valuation methodology and ensure the computer system can support real time value measurement;
• Be accountable for the review and/or development of processes for inventory storage, bundling, etc.
Coaching and Other Requirements as Required
• Support Finance, Inventory and Human Resources, as requested or required.
• Conduct regular performance management reviews with direct reports and create development plans for the functional areas of responsibility;
• Be a highly visible and engaged leader in the development and fostering of a culture of safety, continuous improvement and commercial excellence.
• Provide leadership, mentoring and coaching to finance, inventory, procurement and warehouse staff.
• Bachelor of commerce degree with a accounting/finance specialty; and
• Accounting Designation (CPA)
• 5+ years of experience in commercial, accounting, or administration functions; and
• 5+ years of experience with tendering and/or negotiating major contracts.
• Strong work ethic;
• Strong communication skills ( written & verbal);
• Strong analytical and diplomacy skills;
• Strong multi-tasking and organization skills;
• Effective computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft SharePoint, Accumatica and the ability to learn or implement new accounting software programs quickly;
• Knowledge of Commercial T’s and C’s, insurances, company services, etc.;
• Strong personnel management skills.
• Strong management skills in the areas of mentoring and coaching;
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
• Strong organizational and time management skills;
• Self-motivated, hardworking and results oriented;
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize competing demands and deadlines;
• Ability to integrate lessons learned with a forward-looking approach to anticipate changes and best prepare for future operations.