This role requires the ability to navigate and interpret local and national regulatory requirements as pertains to environmental responsibilities, develop relationships with key government agencies, and develop key internal relationships various internal teams to include Exploration and Appraisal, Well and Seismic Delivery, HSE, Supply, and Corporate Affairs.
• Support, improve and maintain the Environment Controls Framework as applicable to Clients Canadian Exploration Project including development of project specific needs
• Support the Reporting and Assurance team in the adoption of new Group reporting requirements
• Prepare and provide environmental awareness training for the project as necessary.
• Assess the environmental risks associated with projects and spill and release scenarios.
• Support and improve the process for responding to Group initiatives such as GHG reductions and Water stewardship.
• Support functional Environmental Team in their preparation of annual water and GHG forecasts and the update of GHG and Water targets trackers.
• Engage with functional environmental team in support of the environmental assurance audit process.
• Development of environmental assessments with support from the project HSER team
• Represent Client on technical committees of national industry associations
• Bachelors degree or greater in environmental related field
• The candidate will have local knowledge/experience supporting environmental aspects off offshore drilling exploration campaigns
• Experience supporting environmental programs
• Prior operator experience
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work both within a team setting and at times be self-directed
• Experience working with Canadian regulatory agencies suck as the Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency (CEAA), Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC), Canada-Newfoundland & Labrador Offshore Petroleum Board (C-NLOPB), Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO), Natural Resources Canada (NRCan).
• Experience/Knowledge working with industry and local stake holders such as Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers (CAPP), One Ocean, Fisheries groups, Indigenous peoples, NOIA
Environmental Regulatory Specialist
St. John's, NL
18.08.2019 00.00 CETContinous nominations This job has expired.
Local candidates only.