The Client is seeking an individual with extensive public sector IT executive experience. Specific experience in the planning and execution of an IT Shared Services strategy, the investment and implementation planning for application modernization, and the shift of an IT organization towards a more digital, agile and service-focused organization are mandatory.
• IT Advances - overall market and public sector specific advances in Information Technology and its application within government operations.
• IT Shared Services – strategies to enable the cost effective and efficient running of government operations in a shared services environment. This will include hardware, desktop and mobile, network and enterprise-level business applications such as Finance and HR.
• Modernization – advice on approaching the modernization of government’s application and infrastructure portfolio, including investment opportunities and strategies around replacement, renewal and retirement of current applications and infrastructure. This might also include how digital technologies can be employed in delivering current and new government services.
• Culture – discussion on how the current IT organization will adapt to the changes presented by new technologies such as cloud computing, internet of things, social, mobile, analytics and AI, and new methodologies like agile development. And how do you build upon and enhance the organization’s current culture and method of work to take advantage of these opportunities.
- Experience providing strategic IT advisory service to the senior executives, overall understanding of the IT market and advances in IT specific to public sector.
- Experience leading the planning and execution of an IT Shared Services strategy in public sector.
- Providing direction regarding investment and implementation planning for application modernization in the public sector
- Providing direction to drive an IT organization towards becoming a more digital, agile and service-focused organization including approaches to leading culture change across IT
06-Jan-2020 to 31-Mar-2020
St. John's, NL
Business Process Re-engineering / Change Consultant